Sunday, January 9, 2022

C'mon C'mon

C'MON C'MON


When Johnny's sister,Viv, asks him to look after her son Jesse, they embark on a trip showing Jesse life outside of LA.

I am not getting it. Many people are calling this film one of the best of the year. I call it one of the worst.
Mainly because it has one of the most annoying characters of the year in film ....Jesse played by Woody Norman. Now I am not saying it was a bad performance by Norman I am saying his character was over the top annoying so I blame writer and director Mike Mills.

I wanted to walk out of this movie but I had to see where it was going.

The positives were all the performances by all three leads: Norman; Joaquin Phoenix (Johnny); and Gaby Hoffman (Viv). They all have good chemistry. So...there is that.

I just was irritated watching a misbehaved kid...especially with a kind person like Johnny who is trying, and is doing the right thing.

1 out of 5 stars for C'mon C'mon. It should have been called C'mon C'mon Put The kid In Timeout.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...