Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Stillwater



STILLWATER

This is a "Fictional" story about an oil rig worker Bill Baker, played by Matt Damon, who travels to France to find out why his daughter is locked in jail and try to prove her innocence.
I put Fictional in parenthesis because, even thought the director denies it, this film was stolen from the Amanda Knox story. We are not stupid.
Well anyway the story is pretty good. It plays out as a man on a mission trying to solve a mystery in a country where he cannot speak the language. 
My big proplem is the ending. Also that his daughter comes across as not very likable played and maybe miscasr by Abigail Breslin.

I give 3 out of 5 for Stillwater. Matt Damon is really good here, it just ...could not close with the intensity the film had throughout.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...