Tuesday, December 28, 2021


Summer Of Soul


This The Harlem Cultural Festival was called the inner city Woodstock.
I can see that. 
I was entertained..for sure. Great performances. B B King...Stevie Wonder just to name a couple.
Was it as good the Woodstock Doc.? Unfortunatley this film is a victim of it timing. Questlove worked hard at putting this moment together, which he should get credit for. What it unfortunatley he did not have are many interviews of people who were there like Woodstock had, which made Woodstock interesting. People looking back with pride and with aww. At this point in 2020 (When this was put together) sadly most of the people at The Harlem Cultural Festival has passed on. So it lacks ...something.

Still I give it 3 out of 5 stars for the entertainment and storys from band members who are still living who played there.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...