Thursday, December 30, 2021

Respect


RESPECT



Surprising to me how this film about the Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin, can be so boring..and feel rehashed. She went through what many artist go thru, People around her trying to take advantage of her talent and money. The film just seems to lay there. When people walked out of the theater, you can tell the looks on their faces, it was like eeehhh.
What Respect has going for it, what makes it watchable is Jennifer Hudson. I mean she is wonderful and perfectly cast. Maybe an outside shot for an Oscar Nom., however the poor reception for the film may shut her out. I can't tell if Marion Wayans was miscast as Aretha's abusive husband Ted White or maybe Jennifer Hudson is just that much better of an actor.
I am not saying avoid the film, in fact it worth a look...2 1/2 stars out of 5 for Respect...I mean Jennifer Hudson!!

From The shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...