Thursday, December 30, 2021

Free Guy

  
Free Guy


You know, I really liked this film. and I did not really think I would. The plot follows a background guy (Played by Ryan Reynolds whose name is actually Guy) of a video game, who does not know he is in a video game, and does the same thing everyday. Guy decides to break out of his video game life, which causes mass problems in the video game world. I am not a video game person, so I was not really looking forward to this film, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Casting!! Casting!!
Ryan Reynolds funny and likable as Guy
Jodie Comer as Millie..holds her own with Reynolds, and is bad ass.
Joe Keery as Keys ..plays the computer expert who is helping Guy, very funny and clever.
Lil Rel Howery as Buddy pretty much playing the same character as he did in Get Out, yet it still works.
However the person who steals the film is......
Taika Waititi, yes the director of Jo Jo and other things, as Antwan the owner and investor in the video game company Guy is in. He is just hilarious and evil at the same time. Soooo over the top i laughed out loud often.

I do have to say in the back quarter of the film, the script seems sloppy and feels like they made it up as they went on. I started getting almost bored. It felt like this 2 hour film could have chopped maybe 15 minutes off of it and still would have worked.

Well anyway 3 1/2 stars out of 5 for Free Guy. A fun film to watch.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...