Saturday, January 8, 2022

Clifford The Big Red Dog


CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG



A young girls love for her dog Clifford makes her dog grow, thanks to a little magic by Mr Bridwell (John Cleese)

Well if you do not know anything about the books you have been living under a rock. How does it transfer to film? I think it works better than I thought it would.

I am well aware it is for children and it delivered. It has a lot of slapstick comedy. It is silly. It has parts that gives you the feels which you would expect from the books. 

Well acted by the two leads.  Jack Whitehall (Jungle Cruise) as Casey the overwhelmed caretaker of his niece. The adorable Emily played by Darby Camp (Big Little Lies), is spot on believable and does not play the part over the top.

The story crashes and burns in the back half ...for adults at least, kids may not care.

2 1/2 stars out of 5 for CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG. Director Walt Becker delivered a sweet story here. NOTE: I just gave the same score for Clifford as I did for The Eternals...which is sad considering the budgets.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...