Sunday, January 16, 2022

Encanto


ENCANTO


A young Columbian girl, Mirabel, has to face the frustration of being the only member of her family that does not have special powers. So when things start to change in her magical house, and her relatives start to lose their special powers, she feels it is up to her to solve this mystery.

A very strange film..but it kinda works.
Why?
-The songs are very catchy and upbeat and wonderful
-Mirabel, voiced by Stephanie Beatriz,is very likable and relatable. We care about her, and her story.
-The lesson of caring and being kind sometimes is bigger than any special talent. Also, a home is not just a structure it is the people in it.
-Oh and there is Bruno...no spoiler..we DO NOT SPEAK OF BRUNO!!

Still I struggled with the film. The story is enjoyable, but is odd, and I felt like it went a long way to get our ending. A long way, by saying, there really is not a mystery to solve, it is just a, I guess way of life to remember. I mean we learn the history of the family. The Bruno stuff, is funny but kind of nonsensical. So it left me thinking ...just okay.

I give Encanto 3 1/2 out of 5 stars for the lovely lead Mirabel: Bruno; and catchy fun songs.

From the shadows as always thanks for your fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...