Saturday, January 1, 2022

Shang-Chi And The Legends Of The Ten Rings


SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGENDS OF THE TEN RINGS
 

This film follows Shaun (Simu Liu) a valet driver in San Francisco who is hiding the fact that he is Shang-Chi, a master of weaponry based Kung Fu. He is forced to confront his past as he is drawn into the Ten Rings organization.

What a nice surprise. I went in knowing nothing about this Marvel hero.  I walked out of the theater so happy to see a good Marvel film.
Positives:
The cast..is perfect..
Simu Liu is perfectly stoic as Shang-Chi.
Akwafina as Shang-Chi's best friend adds perfectly timed humor and fun to the story.
Meng'er Zhang as Xialing Shang-Chi's sister. Oh my. can she be trusted? 
The great Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan is always fantastic.
Oh Ben Kingsley is back!!! As Trevoe Slattery!!

The script is perfect ...until the end..more on that later...
Director Destin Daniel Cretton gives us two of the best action sequences in years. A bus scene and a scene on some scaffolding...mixed with CGI and real sets are the amazing to watch.

Now the negative...hey you knew it was coming!!
Marvel loves a great fight scene at the end, and if a 15 minute fight scene is good why not make it 30 minutes. The ending fight scene went on and on, and I also felt like it was made up as it went on. I could have went to the bathroom, then added butter to my popcorn, refilled my drink, came back and missed nothing. I was exhausted and did not fight the battle.

Still...4 stars out of 5 for Shang-Chi And The Legends Of The Ten Rings. One of the best films of the year!! What fun...even if your not a Marvel fan.

From the shadows as always thanks for the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...