Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tick, Tick ... BOOm


Tick, Tick...BOOM


On the edge of his 30th Birthday a young theater composer Jonathan Larson navigates the theater world and family and love in NYC.

An outstanding performance by Andrew Garfield as Larson!! He is better than the film.
Sadly I disagree with many, I found this film slow; choppyt; and tedious. 
I came in hoping to learn about the writing of Rent and what lead to that. Larson's missteps and successes. It just stops with his missteps and his support system cheering him on.
This film by Lin-Manuel Miranda is a miss. I hear people think this should be up for best picture. I disagree I think people love Miranda and want to show respect for the talents of Larson. This is not the movie.

2 stars out of 5 for Tick, Tick...Boom. Andrew Garfield is wonderful..so..there is that.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...