Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Lost Daughter


THE LOST DAUGHTER



A woman's beach vacation starts to take a strange turn when the present brings up memories of the past.
Olivia Colman brings a Oscar worthy performance to the screen as writer Leda.
This trip she is on brings up memories of the past, she really starts to spiral.
This is strange to say but her flashbacks as the younger Leda played by Jessie Buckley I found more interesting, and I think Buckley gives a better performance. Buckley had more of a juicy role (No Spoilers).
I really lost interest in Olivia Colman half way through. I was more interested in her flashbacks. I think I was suppose to feel sorry for her. I really did not, I just had more anxiety watching her.
I wanted to know what happen to the people from her past and that was not explored.

This film is directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal based on a book by Elena Ferrante. Gyllenhaal stretches the comparison between present and Leda's past. Then there are things in present time that happen that I found annoying and went nowhere including a missing doll story. 
As strange as this is...nothing happened here...
2 stars out of 5 for the forgettable Lost Daughter. 2 stars because the 2 Leda's were wonderful.
I would skip this film sadly.

From the shadows thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...