Saturday, January 21, 2017

Film Review: Moana

Image result for moana

MOANA

Directed by Ron Clements; Don Hall; John Musker; and Chris Williams
Screenplay by Jared Bush; Ron Clements; John Musker; Chris Williams; Don Hall; Pamela Ribon; Aaron Kandell; and Jordan Kandell
Voices by  Dwayne Johnson and Auli'i Cravalho




One of my biggest disappointments of the year...as per expectations and final results.

-I know they advertised over and over that some of the music was done by Lin-Manuel Miranda of Hamilton fame. Maybe that was a sign. A sign that even they did not believe in the film and or the music so advertise the biggest name. Still......the music was awful. Maybe some of the worst songs in recent memory from a Disney animated film. The singing was bad. The lyrics were bad. The music was bad. Just bad.
-The story was boring and it seemed like the big battle at the end was made up along the way and was just thrown together. Look at all the Directors and the Writers, clearly there was a problem. Plus didn't we see this story in Mulan and Brave. Same exact theme.

Positives?
Well the idea I like and the main character I like, even though I feel like I have seen this character before I still like the premise of a strong woman shall lead.
The film just looks beautiful, the island and the water, the colors just pop.

Yes I understand Disney films are for Children not adults so I would give this 1 1/2 stars but jack it up another point for children who will laugh at the chicken sidekick and not question the exciting action at the end. so 2 1/2 out of 5 stars for Moana.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...