Saturday, January 14, 2017

Film Review:The Accountant

Image result for the accountant

THE ACCOUNTANT
Directed by Gavin O'Connor
Screenplay by Bill Dubuque
Starring Ben Affleck; Anna Kendrick; J.K. Simmons; and John Lithgow




The Accountant is much better than I thought it would me. The film follows a child who is autistic from childhood to manhood. He is ...well...an accountant. However by the trailer you can tell he is more than an accountant.
There is a lot right with this film:
-The chemistry between Kendrick and Affleck is really strong and they play off each other well. Sometimes with humor.
-I mean they have Simmons and Lithgow...I mean...really.

The script starts out strong...then dies a predictable (trying to surprise the viewer but I saw it coming half way through the film), almost silly ending. Ugh!!! It was going so well!! Then characters were behaving unrealistic when they had a chance to run. Little things like that. Hated the last 20 minutes.

Still it is exciting and worth a look. 3 1/2 of 5. Well acted...entertaining I just wanted a better, or stronger finish.

The Accountant is available now for home viewing.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...