Saturday, January 14, 2017

Film Review:The Accountant

Image result for the accountant

THE ACCOUNTANT
Directed by Gavin O'Connor
Screenplay by Bill Dubuque
Starring Ben Affleck; Anna Kendrick; J.K. Simmons; and John Lithgow




The Accountant is much better than I thought it would me. The film follows a child who is autistic from childhood to manhood. He is ...well...an accountant. However by the trailer you can tell he is more than an accountant.
There is a lot right with this film:
-The chemistry between Kendrick and Affleck is really strong and they play off each other well. Sometimes with humor.
-I mean they have Simmons and Lithgow...I mean...really.

The script starts out strong...then dies a predictable (trying to surprise the viewer but I saw it coming half way through the film), almost silly ending. Ugh!!! It was going so well!! Then characters were behaving unrealistic when they had a chance to run. Little things like that. Hated the last 20 minutes.

Still it is exciting and worth a look. 3 1/2 of 5. Well acted...entertaining I just wanted a better, or stronger finish.

The Accountant is available now for home viewing.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films I Have Watched In The Theaters So Far This Year!!

  Well we are halfway through the year!!  These are in no particular order... Not wasting time here so...lets go.... PROJECT HAIL MARY Based...