Friday, January 27, 2017

Film Review Sing

Image result for sing

SING
Directed by Christopher Lourdelet and Garth Jennings
Screenplay by Garth Jennings
Voices by Reese Witherspoon; Matthew McConaughy; Scarlett Johansson; Seth Mcfarlane; Tori Kelly; Taron Egerton




I see so many films. Yet I love when I see a nice surprise. I really did not want to see this. Coming off Zootopia, I was not looking forward to seeing a land where only animals live again.SURPRISE!!! It was a wonderful film. To a point where it may be the best animated film in 2016.
Yet no Oscar Nom!!! What the ....!!!
It is a basic old fashion screenplay. Lets put on a show!! Cheer for the underdogs!!
And it works. Throw in wonderful music and  many laughs. It all works.

Then the voice work, and by voice work I also mean singing voices  (Except for McConaughy who was wonderful but did not sing). They did their own singing!!! Also singing songs we know which makes it fun also, like American Idol, but....not. And they are wonderful. Plus there is also character development. Yes it takes time and gives us a background on each contestant.
It just works. Like noted it is basic and just fun.
If had a fault it felt long at an hour and 48 minutes. After awhile cut the background stories and lets get to the show!!

4 1/2 stars out of 5. The best animated film of the year for kids and adults.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...