Sunday, January 22, 2017

Film Review Office Christmas Party

Image result for office christmas party

OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY

Directed by Josh Gordan and Will Speck
Screenplay by Justin Malen; Lauren Solon; and Dan Mazer
Story by Jon Lucas; Scott Moore; and Timothey Dowling
Starring Jason Bateman; Olivia Munn; TJ Miller;




Despite the CEO (Aniston) saying NO, the branch manager (Miller), the CEO's brother decides to throw an office Christmas party to lure in a major client, thus trying to keep their branch open.

It is not a bad film. I laugh often. Yes the party is unrealistic, still I laughed.
TJ Miller I find to be really funny, however he seems to be playing the same character in all his parts.
Jason Bateman also as the straight man seems to be doing the same (by the way Bateman and Munn have no chemistry whatsoever!!).
Still I guess they are good at what they do because this film was working until they left the office.
When they left the office the film dies a fast death. I felt it was obvious they came into the film with an idea that I felt was funny, and they did not know how to close it. To a point, yes the office party was out of hand and kind of stretched belief, but the ending is ridiculous. No police???!!! No jail time???!! Wrapped up in a bow???!!
3 out of 5 stars for Office Christmas Party. Just above average, and that is mostly for the party itself.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...