Friday, January 20, 2017

Film Review: Allied

Image result for allied

ALLIED
Directed by Robert Zemeckis
Screenplay by Steve Knight
Starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard



During WWII a member of the French Resistance Marianne Beausejour, played by Cotillard and Wing Commander Max Vatan. played by Pitt, meet in Casablanca with plans to assassinate a German Ambassador. Thus begins a love story and from there a mystery.

I was not looking forward to this film. The trailer did nothing for me. I was pleasantly surprised.
I am not a huge Brad Pitt fan. I think he is just a serviceable actor with good looks. However, as readers of my blog know I am a huge Cotillard fan, so off I went to the movies.

This will be short because there is no spoilers. The story is real good. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, wondering is she or isn't she a spy. As usual Cotillard shines.
Also the look of this movie is wonderful. Almost too perfect, everything look so beautiful from sets to locations to costumes. I almost wanted to dirty up something.

I did not like the ending and I had some issues with time and place. Point A to B and stumbling on answers that seem absurd.

Still I give Allied 4 out of 5 stars. It is intriguing.

Allied will be available for home viewing February 28th.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...