Sunday, January 15, 2017

Film review: Middle School The Worst Years of My Life

Image result for middle school the worst years of my life

MIDDLE SCHOOL THE WORST YEARS OF MY LIFE
Directed by Steve Carr
Screenplay by Chris Bowman; Hubbel Palmer;and Kara Holden
Based On The Book by James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts
Starring: Griffen Gluck;Lauren Graham; and Thomas Barbusca




Well. I am guessing the Middle School books are popular with....well...middle schoolers.
I fully understand the film based on the books was not made for me. It was made for....well middle schoolers.

As for me...I did not like this film. I felt the lead, Rafe, was obnoxious. The teachers were jerks. The Principle was a jerk. There was no one you could like or grab on to. Even Lauren Graham (who keeps grabbing these mom parts with no meat, playing second banana to annoying kids), seems pushed aside and is annoying a bit.
Then the worst part they throw in a twist at the end which is obnoxious and maybe not for said middle schoolers.
So yes this film annoyed me. I will give it 1 1/2 just because the young audiences may like the slapstick. As an adult, it is annoying, leave the room and read a book while it is on.
Middle School The Worst Years Of My life.is available for home viewing.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...