Tuesday, November 19, 2019

New Film Review: Ford V Ferrari

Image result for ford vs ferrari

Ford V Ferrari

The films follows the Ford Motors Team as it works to do the impossible....beat Ferrari at 24 Hours At Le Mans.

What an enjoyable film. I am not a gear head or anything but I hear that it 99 percent on point the 1 percent is for structure and tension which is okay by me because it sounds like all main points are crazy true. What is interesting is not only are Carroll Shelby (Wonderful restrained performances by Matt Damon) the designer fighting Ferrari but also fighting Ford higher ups.

The rest of the cast here is great:
Christian Bale as Ken Miles, gives an Oscar worthy performance as loose cannon and a somewhat crazy driver, yet brilliant in his own odd way.
Josh Lucas as Leo Beebe the bad guy at Ford. Well done.
Jon Bernthal as Lee Iacocca ...Jon is becoming an all-star at being a supporting actor. He is really good here again.
Noah Jupe..as Peter Miles...Wonder...A Quiet Place..now here..this kid can act!
Caitriona Balfe as Mollie Miles is really good in a small part saying so much with just a look.

The script I found really well done. Again I am not a gear head and a lot of people are not, however the script took its time explaining some of the nuances of racing. Plus I really did not know much about the race itself, which I found exciting.

Negatives....
The ending: That 1 percent (No spoilers) played with time and it was kind of depressing of an ending. Blah.
I think this film needed a bit more editing, over 2 and a half hours, boy. I mean how many times can we see them race and move the gear shift when we go...okay..seen that. Or fights with Ford. It really could have been done in 2 hours. I understand it takes time to develop a story, but for the non gear heads....mmm it gets old. I imagine for car enthusiast, it was fine.

4 stars out of 5. I know what you are thinking you loved it why only 4. With the ending, and length, I really do not need to see it again. Movies above 4 I always at least want to see it one more time. Still 4 stars is a really good movie worth going to see on the big screen. It is beautiful to see on the big screen.

Oh one last thing. I saw NBC did an article complaining that Caitriona Balfe was the "Token" female in a "Thankless" role. REALLY???!! I just covered this in the Charlies Angels review! This is time and place and a true story! There were not many women involved in racing. It is what it is!!! So what you are saying I can complain that Timothee Chalamet is the token male in the new Little Women??!! No...I cannot because...IT IS THE STORY!!! Just stop!

Okay sorry. From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...