Wednesday, January 9, 2019

New Film Review: Holmes & Watson

Image result for holmes and watson

HOLMES & WATSON
 1 1/2 Stars Out Of 5

I went in knowing that this film was being ripped. I went in with an open mind.
It was not the worst. But it was bad.
It is all in the writing. So we have Ethan Cohen to blame here with Arthur Conan Doyle, the writers.
However you also have to look at Ferrell and Reilly, I am sure they had to okay it.
For a comedy it just had maybe 2 laughs, maybe 3. Then the story, it had no tone, it could not figure out what it wanted to be. The plot would break for slapstick scenes that did not fit, and again...not funny. Throw in many plot holes; and throw in most of the plot had nothing to do with the ending...it was a mess.
Why 1 1/2 stars..
-I did laugh a couple of times
-Lauren Lapkus as Millie, with limited lines, almost steals this bad film with just a look or a lick of her...I guess paw. She is wonderful. So funny.
-There is talent here Kelly McDonald (a great actress) as Mrs Hudson so trashy yet so all in!!

Well definitely do not see it in theaters, but home viewing if you have nothing to watch.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...