Saturday, October 31, 2015

New Film Review: Our Brand Is Crisis

Image result for our brand is crisis movie poster

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS
Directed by David Gordon Green
Screenplay by Peter Straugham
Based on the Doc by Rachel Boynton
Starring: Sandra Bullock; Billy Bob Thornton; Anthony Mackie; and Juaquim De Almeida



An American woman, Jane (Bullock) well-versed in political campaigns, is sent to the war-torn lands of South America to help install a new leader (De Almeida) but is threatened to be thwarted by a long-term rival (Thornton).

This film is not good. In fact it borderlines on real bad.
The script is boring. The cast almost looks bored as they seem to move slow, almost sleep walking through the scenes. Yes it is boring but also...I did not care. I did not care about anyone in this film. Plus, watching a campaign? I can watch that on TV. I try to avoid doing that!!! Politics can be dirty and I know that. I don't care enough to watch it on the big screen.
Now the end. No spoilers here. However we already know politicians who make promises on the campaign trail, often cannot fulfill those promises. I think we are suppose to think that Bullock's character has an epiphany after seeing certain things. I again did not care.
Positives? Bullock is good. Zoe Kazan as LeBlanc is great and I wish the movie was about her playing a political almost dirt digger.

Well it is a contender for one of the worse films of the year. 11/2 stars out of 5 you may even want to pass it by when it comes to home viewing.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...