Thursday, October 1, 2015

YAY OR NAY Trailers in overload!!! Six!! 2015 The Year Of Women In Film Continues!!

Each week I try to find three trailers and judge the film YAY OR NAY just by that trailer. Play along.
We have already seen many good films with women in the lead reviewed by me on this site this year with TESTAMENT OF YOUTH; I WILL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS; CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA; DIARY OF A TEENAGE GIRL; MISTRESS AMERICA; GRANDMA; and THE INTERN. Funny films with female leads like SPY AND TRAINWRECK. Even a big time documentary AMY. I already showed you trailers with films to come with female leads like ABOUT RAY; SISTERS; and JOY. It is going to be very tough this year to dwindle all these female leads down to just five for Oscar Nominations. Well I will add to the year of women in film with some more films to come! Six trailers this week!!

FREEHELD
Released Wide October 8 2015




It is an interesting subject. Still I could be depressing because yes it is about a fight for rights still there looks like there will be death. Sad. I Really like Ellen Page and Julian Moore. I like that Michael Shannon is not doing another film where he is the crazy person. Because of the actors I am in YAY!!

Miss You Already
Release Date November 8 2015



What works here is that they really look like they have wonderful chemistry. Still, like Freeheld there is an overriding depression of death. I have a feeling this trailer is trying too hard to tell us it is fun....I have a feeling it is not so. NAY.

SUFFRAGETTE
Release Date October 23rd



It is a very good trailer!! Love Bonham Carter and Mulligan. Streep in a small role. Oh and Robyn Sherwell singing Landslide ...awesome. However...I just feel like I have seen this film on PBS. Like I have seen this story before. A slight NAY.

ROOM
Release Date October 16 2015



Okay I did not read the book, I did hear it is very good. The buzz coming from Toronto was that this is a best picture nominee. I am intrigued...the trailer did a good job of pulling you in to the mother and son, and quickly feeling for them. YAY.

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS
October 30 2015



Like Bullock. I like Mackie. I like Thornton. It did give me some humor but I do not know if I am interested in watching a campaign on the big screen while it is all over my TV. So the trailer did not get me excited...NAY.

Brooklyn
Release Date November 4 2015




All in!!!! Love the time and place!!! Great story line it seems!! Love the screenwriter Nick Hornby from last years WILD. YEA!!

Six trailers with women in the lead coming to a theatre near you. Yeaaaaa!

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...