Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2016 My Worst Films Of The Year 7-6-5

As we head forward the worst continues!!!!

NUMBER 7

Image result for mother's day the movie 2016


MOTHERS DAY

Directed by Gary Marshall
Screenplay by Tom Hines; Lily Hollander; Anya Konchoff; and Mathew Walker
Starring: Everybody in Hollywood

Jennifer Aniston, Sandy, is a single mom dealing with her exhusband's new younger wife while raising 2 boys.
Kate Hudson, Jessee, is dealing with the visit of her prejudice parents.
Jason Sudeikis,Bradley, is a single father raising 2 girls and dealing with the death of his wife.
Juliet Roberts, Miranda, is a home shopping network host who meets her daughter, Brit Robertson's Kristen, who she gave up for adoption.

I liked Gary Marshall's Valentines Day. Did not love it but I liked it. New Years Eve was unwatchable. So now Mothers Day. Mothers Day is not good. It just lays there, and does not do much. It is sad it is his last film!!!!
Casting: This film has a star studded cast that all look like they rather be in a dentist chair than in this movie. I know they all love Gary Marshall, who does not, but if you don't want to be all in, do not be in. I felt like I was watching a bunch of actors sleep walking. The best performance was by Britt Robertson but she is barely in the film. Plus, they put sooo much makeup on this pretty girl, to make her look older I guess, she is almost unrecognizable.
As for the script? It comes across as a serviceable ABC Friday night sitcom. However...I hate calling it "sitcom like' because I honestly did not laugh once. It is bogged down with too many story lines and because of that it lacks character development and lazy story lines that all tie up "Blah, at the end. One story line involving Kate Hudson seems so dated it is hard to watch. I almost wanted to know where Jack Tripper and Mr Roper was (For the youth that is a Three's Company reference).

After all that that trashing, I have to say there is nothing really vulgar, it works as a lite safe film. 1 1/2 stars out of 5 for Mothers Day.

Note: You see two kids cart wheeling in a wedding scene. That is the debut of Hazel and Henry Moder the children of Juliet Roberts.
This is the 18th film that Hector Elizondo has been in that Gary Marshal directed.


NUMBER 6

Image result for Bad santa 2


BAD SANTA 2
Directed by Nark Walters
Screenplay by Johnny Rosenthal; Shauna Cross;
Starring Tony Cox; Billy Bob Thornton; Kathy Bates; Christina Hendricks; and Brett Kelly

Well. I liked Bad Santa the first. I think it was just the shock value that made it funny.

Here in part 2....not funny. I did not laugh once. Not once. What a bad year for comedy.

This was clearly a money grab for Thornton and Cox. However I have no idea what Hendricks and Bates were thinking.

I am giving Bad Santa 2.... 1 star out of 5 and that will be just for the robbery plot that is the only interesting thing.
Still just a bad film. Bad Santa indeed.


NUMBER 5

Image result for allegiant part 1


ALLEGIANT PART 1

Directed by Robert Schwentke
Screenplay by Noah Oppenheim; Bill Collage; and Adam Cooper
Based on the book by Veronica Roth
Starring Shailene Woodley; Theo James; Naomi Watts; Octavia Spencer; Ansel Elgort; Miles Teller; and Jeff Daniels

The Divergent Series now takes us beyond the walls of Chicago.

This movie was so bad that they decided to put Part 2 on TV and not release it to the theatres. That says so much!

Sooooo many problems and it all starts with Woodley. She is not believable as Tris. As this series moves forward, she now looks bored, and just going through the motions. The casting of her from the beginning (the first film) has been off. There is one scene in which she is running real awkward trying to look badass with a gun, almost stumbling. I laughed out loud. This is not a comedy and I am laughing!! She is a good actress, but this film is just not for her.
Theo James is stiff as a board as Four.
Miles Teller, underused and looking like he wants no part of this series anymore. Regretting signing that contract?!
Now to the awful screenplay. I promise you if you watch this film you will often laugh.
The cliches just seem to role off the actors tongue. Jeff Daniels (what was he thinking). screams NOOOO at one point. I felt so bad I laughed so hard and it was not suppose to be funny, people in the theater looked at me..
I promise you, you can walk away from this movie for an hour and not miss a thing.
Positives? It became a little bit exciting at the end. However there was no clear ending....soooo you have that.
1 star out of 5 for this series that will not go away.

Oh know still worse films to come.

From the shadows thanks as always for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...