Saturday, February 18, 2017

My Worst Film Of 2016

Image result for The Hollars


THE HOLLARS

Directing John Krasinski
Screenplay by James C Strouse
Starring John Krasinski; Richard Jenkins; Anna Kendrick; and Margo Martindale





Well the trailer makes it seem funny. Trust me..it is not.

This film is really bad. Like reeeeeaaaallly bad. How can it be so bad with all these stars?
I do not have an answer for that. I just know it is bad.

Everybody is annoying as they wallow.in their own missery.

Jenkins as the father may be putting on his worse performance ever. Cringe worthy.
Krasinski, who I love and his name and his directing sucked me in, is annoying and just bad, He is better than this.
Kendrick as the girlfriend is pleasant. However it is annoying that she is not running away from this mess of a family and mess of a film.
Martindale. People say she gives a good performance. I disagree. I think she is just as annoying as the whole family and towns people. She looks to me like she wants to roll that bed away from this film.

The script. How bad is the script:

A man crawls through a window of his ex's house in the middle of the night. I think they thought we would think it is funny. No...just creepy.

A woman goes into labor at a funeral. No they don't ask for a ride from any of the many relatives at the funeral, they decide to use the hearse. So bad. So creepy. So unfunny. So odd.

So many stars yet so bad. 1/2 a star out of 5. The worst of 2016 They even try to pull at your emotions at the end and that fails. Stay away for The Hollers.

There it is my 10 worst films of 2016 .....so I warned you.

My best of 2016 is coming next!!!!

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...