Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Recommended!! Love is all you need!!

Image result for love is all you need

Each Monday I try to recommend a film that may have past you by. This week I give you a slow burning love story with a bit of a farce in it also.

LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED
Directed by Susan Bier
Screenplay by Anders Thomas Jensen and Susan Bier
Starring Pierce Bronsan and Trine Dyrholm



A hairdresser (Dyrholm) who has lost her hair to cancer finds out her husband is having an affair, travels to Italy for her daughter's wedding and meets a widower (Bronsan) who still blames the world for the loss of his wife.

In the mood for a terrific, kind of slow, sweet, and funny romantic film?! This is it.
Of course the big draw is Bronsan, but the real star of this film is Dyrholm.She absolutely shines in this picture. I had to look her up to see who she is after watching this film. She is known over seas as, according to others "The Best Actress Ever!". I was sort of flummoxed because I never heard of her, I know it is because she does her work in Denmark, but I look forward to see her again.
Well back to the film, this film is lovely with maybe a little touch of a farce. I was shocked that I never heard of it, evidently it never was released in the states except for a few film fests. I cannot give away to much of the plot because it will ruin the film for you but it is very sweet. I was thinking after watching it that I could have turned down the sound of this film and let it play out as a silent film and it would still work. It is magical and beautiful to watch.

Move it to the top of your queue!! I have seen it on cable also. 4 1/2 stars out of 5 for this "found" film!!


As always from the shadows thanks for your time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...