Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Recommended!!! Bottle Shock!!

Image result for bottle shock


First some maintenance.:
This blog increases in hits every week. However, last week was the largest increase from one week to the next. So thank you everyone for stopping by.
I started this thing to be the anti reviewer/reviewer. I always felt that most, not all, but most reviewers are dark and sad. They can also be sheep, by just liking a film because everyone else liked it. They can also be snobs," if it is too lite of a film it is not good". Me I will let you know if I feel it is worth your hard earned money. Was it entertaining?! Did I learn something without being preached to or bored?!
For newcomers, my reviews are just how I talk. Maybe not always grammatically correct, but I try. I try to keep the reviews short (I find many reviews to be long winded and not getting to the point). You may also find my reviews very choppy with many short sentences. I am working to stop that but it is hard. The choppy/short sentences is mainly because I find many reviewers give up way too much of the plot. I try to give you low lights and highlights and not to much of the plot, thus choppy. Hey I am figuring it out as I go on.
Well, anyway, that is me from the shadows and thank you to all the newcomers and I am glad you enjoy this mess of a blog I created. Welcome aboard and check back each day. I try to make it fun!!


Now!!! Each Monday I try to recommend a film that may have passed you by. This week, I bring you:


BOTTLE SHOCK
Directed by Randall Miller
Screenplay: Jody Savin; Randall Miller; and Russ Schwartz
Starring Chris Pine; Alan Rickmn; Bill Pullman; Freddy Rodriquez; Dennis Farina and Rachael Taylor





The story of the early days of California wine making featuring the now infamous, blind Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come to be known as "Judgment of Paris".

When I was touring the winerys in The Finger Lakes, one of the wine makers said, "Do you know why people feel California wines are better? PR!!" Well from this wonderful fun easy going movie, before 1976 California wineries could say the same thing about France.

Bottle Shock tells an unknown story of a Californian wine going up against a French wine in a surprise blind taste test. You can probably guess how it came out because, lets face it, they would not make a movie about it if the French won. Still having the US as the Underdog, seeing the passion of the wine makers and seeing the French be, well, French winemakers makes this an enjoyable movie.
Bill Pullman is superb. Alan Rickman the snobbish Britt, is not in the movie as much as the poster wants you to think, but still, it's Alan Rickman!!! Rachael Taylor slips in and almost steals the film, having great chemistry playing along side Chris Pine, who has some real bad hair. The late great Dennis Farina with the best line, "Bacon Fat with a hint of Ripe Mellon!"

Bottle Shock is an interesting funny film to sit back and watch with a glass of wine, 4 out of 5 stars. It is available for streaming and rental through Netflix.


As always from the shadows thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...