Saturday, June 20, 2015

FATHERS DAY WEEKEND!!!!! MY TOP 5 FATHERS IN FILM!!

In recognition of Fathers Day Weekend (like I did on Mothers Day weekend) I am giving you my top 5 Fathers in film from the year 2000 to now!!

Number 5
BRYAN MILLS
Played by Liam Neeson in Taken 2008

Image result for bryan mills

Lets face it , he has great instincts (Remember he kept saying this trip is not a good idea), and he will go to the end of the earth to help his daughter. And he even tries to help his daughter with a singing career.
Bryan's best line:
" I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."


Number 4
DANIEL
Played by Liam Neeson in Love Actually 2003

Image result for daniel in love actually

Yes twice Liam Neeson!! A stepfather makes my list. Some people find it creepy that he is helping his son meet this young girl. I find it endearing and a way, after the loss of his wife, to bond and relate with his stepson.
Daniels best line:
"Sam, you've got nothin' to lose, tell her you love her, and you'll always regret it if you don't! I never told your mom enough. I should have told her everyday because she was perfect everyday. You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over 'til its over."


Number 3
Jackie Elliot
Played by Gary Lewis in Billy Elliot 2000

Image result for jackie elliot

Gary Lewis was the original Jackie Elliot before the stage musical. I know Julie Walters and Jamie Bell were the big stars in this film but nothing pushes forward without him. He is a blue collar miner faced with a son who just loves to dance and you watch him relent and feel for who his son is and to open his own mind and try to give his son a chance. He has trouble in the beginning showing love and you see his toughness melt away as the film moves on. Just watch his face in the final scene.
Best quote: After Billy says he is scared:
"That is okay Billy, we are all scared".


Number 2
Chris Gardner
Played by Will Smith in The Pursuit Of Happiness 2006

Image result for chris gardner/will smith

Trying to better himself while trying to be a single father without a home. And it is a true story!!
It is all about love.
Best quote:
"I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was. "


And my Number 1 father is:

Marlin
Played by Albert Brooks in Finding Nemo 2003

Image result for marlin albert brooks

Lets face it...it was not close. He had to be number one. He wants to hold on tight to his son Nemo and keep him out of danger. He loses Nemo and is a relentless father trying to get him back. Then later, realizing, even though it is difficult, his son has to swim slowly away to learn about life and how to deal with dangers. A great, yet nervous father.
His best quote:
[Holding Nemo's cracked egg in his fin] "I promise to never let anything happen to you, Nemo."


Happy Fathers Day from the shadows!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...