Thursday, May 28, 2015

Early review: San Andreas!! Maybe A Must See!!!

Image result for san andreas movie

SAN ANDREAS
Directed by Brad Peyton
Screenplay: Carlton Cuse; Andre Fabrizio; and Jeremy Passmore
Starring: Dwayne Johnson; Carla Gugino; Alexandra Daddario; and Paul Giamatti



In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot (Johnson) makes a dangerous journey across the state in order to rescue his daughter (Daddario) and wife (Gugino).

Oh my gosh!!!! This film is sooo much fun. And it makes no sense!! Scientists will rip this apart, but let it go, sit back and enjoy!! It reminds me of 70's films like Earthquake and Towering Inferno. Running from an earthquake???!! Driving boats through building?!! The science makes no sense!! Funny coincidences that I rolled my eyes at and I did not mind. This should not work, but it does. And it is sooo much fun in 3D, I ducked often!!
A summer movie at its best. It has a likable lead in Johnson (Screw everybody I am just rescuing my family. He did not say that but, that is what he was doing. It is kind of funny). It has Gugino and Giamatti, wonderful actress and actor. The most beautiful young actress working today in Daddario (True Detective), who can also act! This is the ultimate, leave your brain at the door fun, harmless, big screen summer film. No super heroes allowed!!!

I was ready to give this 4 1/2 but the one scene with a boat and a tsunami was beyond leave my brain at the door and a corny ending was a little "Cringy".
Still 4 out of 5 stars for this fun movie!!! See it on the big screen!! And in 3D!! Just exciting big screen fun.

Oh and kudos to casting ....Johnson does not have a younger wife but an actress older than him plays his wife. When is the last time you have seen that??!!


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...