Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday New DVD/BluRay/Streaming release: American Sniper

Image result for american sniper movie poster

American Sniper
Based on the book by Chris Kyle
Written by Jason Hall
Directed by Clint Eastwood
Starring: Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller



No synopsis needed. You know (unless you are living in a cave) the story.
The week before Memorial Day comes the release of American Sniper.
This movie made my top three films of 2014. It is a film that I really was not looking forward to seeing. Not because of the subject, but because Eastwood directed it. He makes good films but think about it, there is death at the end of all his movies. UGH!
But being the sheep that I am...I mean I had to see it. Bradley Cooper is great in this movie. He says so little, but his face says sooo much. He really convinces you he is Chris Kyle. He is the movie, he makes it work. He makes it tick.
The controversy. My thoughts: Somebody has to do the dirty work. It was that way in WW1. In WW2. In Korea. In Vietnam. And will be in the future. I think some people are up in arms because they see it here. It is a tough job physically and mentally but has to be done. Get the one, before that one gets maybe thousands of us. Chris Kyle is a hero. The problem with the Chris Kyle story is there is no way to prove to the naysayers that the "Bad Guys" he took down would have caused destruction if "The Bad Guys" lived. You just have to trust the information our military gathers. I tend to believe in Kyle.
Still it is a hard movie to recommend because I like to recommend movies that I want to watch more than once. As of this date I still cant bring myself to watch this again. It does not make it a bad film but I think it can be an unpleasant film bringing decisions soldiers have to make to our door steps and understanding that these decisions they made and their past stays with them.
I know I am all over the board on this film but trust me, it is a very good film...I give 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.
If you are one of the few who has not watched this film...please do!!


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...