Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Recommended: For Memorial Day The Lucky Ones

Image result for the lucky ones


Directed by Neil Burger
Screenplay by Neil Burger and Dick Wittenborn
Starring Rachel McAdams; Tim Robbins; and Michael Pena



Mondays I try to recommend movies that may have passed you by and here on Memorial day I have a good one.

The story revolves around three soldiers - Colee (McAdams), TK (Pena) and Cheever (Robbins)- who return from the war and they end up on an unexpected road trip across the U.S. With Colee on a mission to bring her boyfriend's guitar back to his family because he saved her life, TK,on leave, seeking confidence to face his wife after a shrapnel injury, and Cheever heading back home to his family and realizing life moved on while he was fighting.

I love a good road trip movie, and this one is one of the best. Three strangers together with different goals in mind now that they are back in the states.
The best performance since The Player for Tim Robbins. Rachel McAdams I thought may have been miscast in this when I saw the trailer, however after watching the film she is very believable and plays the part very grounded almost naïve.. Michael Pena, every time I see him in a film I wonder why he is not a bigger star/name, he is fantastic here and probably should have got a Oscar Nom.

Take the road trip with them it is sad, funny, and sweet. When we reach the quiet ending, you decide if it is a happy ending.....I tend to believe they are pushing down the path they were meant to go.
I give The Lucky Ones 4 1/2 out of 5 stars,,move it to the top of your queue!!!!!!!


As always from the shadows thanks for your time. And hands on your hearts for the stripes and stars!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...