Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Film Review: Avengers Age Of Ultron

Image result for avengers age of ultron

Screenplay and Direction by Joss Whedon
Starring : Many a Superhero



When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a peacekeeping program, things go south quickly. With that mistake, Ultron emerges, and it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his plans to destroy the Avengers and earth itself.


Settle down. I know you are excited I am back.


I like superhero movies. They are fun to watch. However I understand they are not made for me. They are made for comic-con fanatics and children. The producers make the film for that moviegoing category, then hope that group of people pull "outsiders" along by being swept up into the wave of excitement.
This is not a very good film, it is just okay. For the second film in a row I felt like I was watching  a video game for more than half the film while buildings get destroyed (with out mentioning in the real world people live and work in them and most likely died as the fight contuinues). It is a long 2 hours and 20 minutes with a waste of a short scene during the credits. Also throw in that this is marketed to children and some of the language is questionable. I am not a prude, and I understand they probably hear those words on the playground. Still I was surprised a bit knowing who they are marketing this film to.
Postives: I like the story line developing between Bruce Banner/Hulk (Ruffalo) and Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (Johansson). I also like being able to see the life behind a superhero with Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Renner) (If you decide to watch this film, watch carefully during the dart game. It is a quick joke but I laughed). I thought James Spader was perfectly cast as Ultron, his voice almost drips with snarky evil. Elizabeth Olson as Wanda Maximoff/The Scarlett Witch is fun to watch and takes over the screen outshining all the Avengers. Well all these positives were only about 30 minutes of the film the rest is a video game.
2 out of 5 stars for the Avengers. A new director will take over for Whedon next time which may add a much needed spark.


As always thanks for your time!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...