Friday, March 6, 2015

Movie Review: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Screenplay: Ol Parker
Director: John Madden
Starring: Judi Dench; Dev Patel; Maggie Smith; and Bill Nighy




I really liked the original film The Marigold Hotel. When I saw that they were making a second I was kind of disappointed. I was happy with the way the first one ended. I did not need to know more. So I came into this film thinking I would be disappointed. Well I was not completely disappointed. This was a fun watch. Some great actors. I felt the writing was..just okay. Here are the storylines:
Sonny (Patel) is trying to expand and build another hotel, while prepping for his wedding.
Evelyn (Dench) and Douglas (Nighy) are trying to figure out what exactly their relationship is.
Norman  ( Ronlad Pickup) and Carol (Diana Hardcastle) are now living together and I have no Idea what their storyline issue was.
Oh..Richard Gere is there now being Richard Gere.
I think the film was better than okay. It looked beautiful, Ben Smithard the cinematographer, captures the feel and beautiful colors of India. The acting, like the first film, fantastic, you cannot find a more talented cast.
The film is sweet, and it is a fun two hours in the theatre, 3 1/2 out of 5 stars...for the Second Best Marigold Film.


As always, thanks for your time







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...