Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday DVD/BluRay/Streaming Recomended

I try to recommend once a week a film that may have been skipped by the masses.
This week the documentary:
Finding Vivian Maier
Written and Directed by John Maloof and Charlie Siskel


Real estate agent John Maloof explains how a trip to a local auction house, in search for old pictures, resulted in him bidding and winning a box full of old negatives. John goes through the massive quantity of negatives, describes how impressed he was. At this point he has a mystery on his hands. Who do the pictures belong to and how did they and up in an auction house?
What and who is Vivian Maier? A great Photographer? A Nanny? A horder? A bad person? Mentaly ill? Maybe all of the above.
This fascinating documentary tries to answer the questions.
I must confess I love my camera and to see a documentary  highlighting great photos/shots I was all in. So I am admitting my blinders were up on this one. Still, I am not the only one, the film received a Oscar nod for Best Documentary.
I give Finding Vivian Maier 4 out of 5 stars. It is not available for streaming but I recommend putting it on the top of your Netflix queue . If you have Showtime it is available this month.


As always thanks for your time.              



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films I Have Watched In The Theaters So Far This Year!!

  Well we are halfway through the year!!  These are in no particular order... Not wasting time here so...lets go.... PROJECT HAIL MARY Based...