Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday DVD/BluRay/Streaming Recomended

I try to recommend once a week a film that may have been skipped by the masses.
This week the documentary:
Finding Vivian Maier
Written and Directed by John Maloof and Charlie Siskel


Real estate agent John Maloof explains how a trip to a local auction house, in search for old pictures, resulted in him bidding and winning a box full of old negatives. John goes through the massive quantity of negatives, describes how impressed he was. At this point he has a mystery on his hands. Who do the pictures belong to and how did they and up in an auction house?
What and who is Vivian Maier? A great Photographer? A Nanny? A horder? A bad person? Mentaly ill? Maybe all of the above.
This fascinating documentary tries to answer the questions.
I must confess I love my camera and to see a documentary  highlighting great photos/shots I was all in. So I am admitting my blinders were up on this one. Still, I am not the only one, the film received a Oscar nod for Best Documentary.
I give Finding Vivian Maier 4 out of 5 stars. It is not available for streaming but I recommend putting it on the top of your Netflix queue . If you have Showtime it is available this month.


As always thanks for your time.              



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...