Friday, March 20, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent/The Divergent Series

Image result for insurgent


Insurgent
Directed by Robert Schwentke
Scrrenplay: Akiva Goldsman; Brian Duffield; and Mark Bomback
Based on the novels by Veronica Roth
Starring: Shailene Woodley; Theo James; Kate Winslet; Miles Teller; and Ansel Elgort



Tris (Woodley) must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while finding her identity and loyalties and falling in love.

I felt Divergent was a minor league Hunger Games. I did not enjoy Divergent, I just did not like any of the characters and because of that I did not care about the characters.
Now, part two, Insurgent becomes Divergent with less stunts and more bore. This is pretty much a film stealing ideas from Harry Potter-Sorting Hat; Matrix; and The Hunger Games. And with all that stealing, I still don't care!!!!
This movie I felt was a mess. After all these years we finally found worse shooters than the Storm Troopers in Star Wars. I mean people are 10 feet in front of them and they continuously miss. And decisions are goofy. They will kill people with a snap of the finger bad guys/bad girls who are shooting at them (and missing), however they will not take down the head of the snake, Kate Winslet. They had a chance to do so at the end of Divergent and in this movie. I don't get it! I want to shout at the screen, "What are you doing! I know she survived the Titanic it does not mean you cant put her down like the person you shot 10 minutes ago! She is trying to kill you!". While I am complaining, another irksome problem in the script: How many times in one film can you pull out the ...Oh That Was Just A Dream Card/ You Fooled Me!!

Okay I am done ripping this film. Here is some good:
 Miles Teller is an interesting character, but not on the screen enough. The last 5 minutes was interesting which made me interested in what happens next (But sadly also in that 5 minutes a ridiculous scene: "Okay I Want All Actors To Skip And Laugh While Coming Out Of The Building"! It looks silly).
 So now the last 5 minutes got me interested in the what happens next, however sadly, rumor has it the next book or part of the story is going to be split into two parts. Ugh!!

So I give Insurgent 1 1/2 stars out of 5. If you feel you need to continue with the Divergent story save time and watch the first five minutes and the last five minutes of Insurgent at home on DVD, then wait for the next part and hope for a better sequel.


Again, as always thanks for your time.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...