Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Top Ten Worst Films Of 2019: Here Is Number 1

Image result for poms


Before I get to my number 1 lets review:

10-After
 9- Charlies Angels 2019
 8- Overcomer
 7- Rambo Last Blood
 6-Where'd You Go Bernadette
 5-Ma
 4-Godzilla King Of The Monsters
 3-Happy Death Day 2U
 2-Cats


Okay adding this film to my worst films from years past::
2015- Ricki And The Flash
2016- The Hollars
2017- Everything Everything
2018- Mid90's

Now worst film from 2019:


POMS




I mean you can see from the trailer it looks somewhat appealing, unfortunately NO!!

I know it is "Based" on a true story. Diane Keaton plays Martha, a elderly woman struggling with life in her new elderly retirement community.
I felt bad for Diane Keaton while watching this. I worry. Is this the best of the movies she is being offered? The only good thing about this film is Keaton. Other than that it fails at everything:
The Humor falls flat.
The attempt to bring drama or some kind of resistance to the narrative of these older women cheerleading feels false and almost a joke.
I love a good film that gives you the feels....and this film even tried this and it failed.
The ending was supposed to be uplifting and that failed it was depressing.

This film with Diane Keaton was a shocking disappointment.
Zara Hayes directed and did the screenplay. She usually does documentaries. here, doing a feature film, she obviously struggled with tone.

Poms the 2019 Worst Film Of The Year.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...