Friday, January 24, 2020

MY Top Ten Favorite Films: My Top Ten Films Of 2019! NUMBER 1

Image result for movie awards


Before I get to my number one film of this year:
Lets see my top ten from 2018:
10- Bad Times At The El Royal
  9- Juliet Naked
  8- Ready Player One
  7-American Animals
  6-Isle Of Dogs
  5-Leave No Trace
  4-Won't You Be My Neighbor
  3-A Quiet Place
  2-Deadpool 2
  1-Green Book

I do not think I would change any of these films. I may move El Royal higher. 2018 was not a great year for films, but these 10 will still stand above the rest.

A quick note before I move on. You may notice some films not on my list, that are on other lists.
I am looking at:
Marriage Story
The Irishman
and so on...
I refuse to count them as movies for the theaters. They were made not to be seen at the theater by the general public, they were made to be on Netflix. To me they are Emmy films. They are frauds, with no intent, or care to be on the big screen to make money or be seen in a theater. This notion kills Art House Theaters.

Now here is what my top ten looks like so far this year:

10-Parasite
  9-Booksmart
  8-Avengers End Game
  7-Blinded By The Light
  6-Brittany Runs A Marathon
  5-1917
  4-Little Women 2019
  3-Hotel Mumbai
  2-JoJo Rabbit

So we come to my favorite film of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1

Image result for knives out

KNIVES OUT



Remember when you used to go to the movies and had a good time??!
Remember when you saw a film that was fun...yet the film was not filled with CGI, and you had to see two films before the film you watched to understand the film you are watching??!
Remember when you saw a good mystery that had you looking left but it was on the right??!
Remember when you sat in a theater and it seemed like everyone was focused and having fun and smiling on the way out of the theater??!

Well here comes Knives Out!!!
A small film...with a lot of stars...that was well written...and fun!
Knives Out will not change the world. Knives Out will not make a statement with what is wrong with the world. Knives Out is a really good old fashion fun film.

I can tell you the script is wonderful and very tight...I could not find holes (well one that involves blood maybe). The film Is written and directed by Rian Johnson making a nice comeback after The Last Jedi film.
Everybody was fantastic in their small parts.
In bigger parts Daniel Craig as The southern detective Benoit Blanc. People are criticizing his annoying twang. Please! His twang is suppose to be annoying!! It is dry humor! They make fun of it a couple times in the film!
The other big part is Benoit Blanc's "Watson", Nurse Marta Cabrera played by Ana De Armas, they are just great together. So good, they will be together again in the next Bond film.

I have seen this film a couple times and it is still great even though you know the end. You see more details and catch funny lines you missed the first time on 2nd viewings. It is that entertaining!
What a fun well done film!!!
Beware Rian Johnson is writing another film starring the famous detective Benoit Blanc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knives Out is still out in theaters!

MY NUMBER ONE FILM FAVORITE FILM IN 2020 WAS ...KNIVES OUT.

Look out for my top 20 films of the decade ...coming soon!

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...