Wednesday, February 27, 2019

New Film Review: Happy Death Day 2U

Image result for happy death day 2u

Happy Death Day 2U
 1 star out of 5

Oh boy one of the first disappointments of the year.
I mean Happy Death Day, back in 2017 was one of  my biggest surprises.
Here was my review for that film:
http://theshadowsmoviecritic.blogspot.com/2017/10/new-film-review-happy-death-day.html

Now the baby face is back in this messy movie.
It involves the same premise as the last film, the same day over and over with each day ending in a murder.
Soooomany things wrong....
-The cast is way to old...I can clearly tell, then I looked it up, the lead...Jessica Roth (though very good again) is in her 30's playing this college student. Same for all the other actors.
-The plot adds time travel to the script and it was confusing, and to be honest it was boring.
-Speaking of the script, the small plots were all over the place, with many holes that made no sense, making the 100 minute movie feel 3 hours long.

Well I gave it 1 star for some scares...and Jessica Roth was still very good.

Dont bother with this one.
From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...