Tuesday, February 26, 2019

New Film Review: Alita Battle Angel

Image result for alita battle angel

Alita Battle Angel

2 1/2 out of 5 stars

I am now playing catch up since I took a little over a week off from new reviews to focus on Oscar week and pretty much wrap up 2018. My numbers last week on the blog for looks were higher than they were in the last 13 months. So thank you for taking the time to read this anti critic, often grammatically incorrect, movie review blog.
So Alita.
Alita, well played by Rosa Salazar in a CGI form, is a broken down cyborg who is revived by Dr Ido ( a miscast Christoph Waltz) and chased by a lot of ...things..including a wasted Jennifer Connelly as Chiren.
The plot is messy. It is just edited real bad. It is based on some novel or comic book, not really sure. I just know that it tried to fit in a lot of backstory that kept interrupting the story or any excitement or action that was in front of us. It kept trying to cover ground I guess from the books that happened before this story. Director  Robert Rodriquez made a bad decision, he should have started the film with a long backstory then pushed through with the film.
I have to say I give it points for trying something new. I love the heroin Alita. I like the Roboball kind of game.  I looooved the look of the film.

So I split it down the middle with 2 1/2 stars. It just is kinda forgettable but at the same time not awful or even bad. It is just there.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...