Sunday, February 10, 2019

New Film Review: Lego Movie 2: The Second

Image result for lego movie 2


Lego Movie 2: The Second


2 stars out of 5


5 years have passed since the last events in the Lego film where everything was w. Now they are faced with aliens attacking and destroying buildings that are going down as quick as they are built.


I fully understand this film was not made for somebody my age. I do have to say there are some funny lines, sadly not as many as the first film. Also there is a nice message at the end. That is all I can say that is positive.


The story is kind of boring. That is a problem.
The bad decision of using the grating voice of Tiffany Haddish hurts also. They even had her sing!!! It was bad. That was another problem.
Now the biggest problem here is, and I know kids do not care, but as an adult I thought often...after the big reveal of the first film this is just a kid playing with Legos. Nothing matters. We are pretty much watching a kid play with Legos in a waiting room of a DRs office. I mean think about that!!
After that reveal at the end of the last Lego, it spoils any tension of a story line.


So 2 stars out of 5...not as good as the first.


From the shadows as always t hanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...