Friday, March 1, 2019

New Film Review: Greta

Image result for greta movie poster


GRETA
2 stars out of 5


Let me start with the positive first:
The acting: We have 3 major players; Isabelle Huppert (Greta); Chloe Grace Moretz (Frances); and Maika Monroe (Erica). All 3 are just fantastic and perfectly cast.
The idea: It is a little different idea. Sucking in naïve young people.


Now the bad:
It is an irritating watch. Frances did many things right but...so many things that left you wanting to scream...NO JUST NO! Also, it is not a pleasant watch, you are watching a young lady get emotionally harassed for 90 minutes and then physically later than that. There is no pleasure in this film. Like noted....it is irritating so often.  This also makes the film seem loooooooong!! At one point I looked at my watch and saw it had only been 45 minutes. At that point I felt like the movie was 90 minutes long. So that is a problem.
Then after that the ending felt flat.
Real flat and too open.


Well 2 stars for the acting and the idea (it is different).


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...