Sunday, March 31, 2019

New Fillm Review: Apollo 11

Image result for apollo 11 movie 2019


APOLLO 11


2 1/2 OUT OF 5 Stars


Directed by Todd Douglas Miller, on the year of the 50th anniversary of the moon walk, Apollo 11 dropped into the theatre for a limited engagement. I imagine it will show up on CNN during 2019, CNN helped produce this documentary.
Miller brings a great clear crisp documentary. Watching, it stuns you a bit how clear these videos are of the control room; the people camping and watching the lift off; the brave astronauts; and the lift-off.
That is all there is, the look is probably the best thing about the film. Other than that it really does not add anything new to the time period. We have seen it before. I was waiting for something in this to make me go WOW I DID NOT KNOW THAT, however it never came.


So 2 1/2 stars for its clear view, but other than that....been there..it is an amazing story that almost seems flat here.
Worth a look on CNN when it pops up later in the year I imagine.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...