Friday, October 13, 2017

New Film Review: Happy Death Day

Image result for happy death day

HAPPY DEATH DAY
Directed by Christopher Landon
Screenplay by Scot Lobdell
Starring Jessica Rothe and Israel Broussard




If you follow my blog often you know horror films are not my thing.
This one had a small positive buzz surrounding it.
So I opened my mind and off I went.

"Ya Know" It is pretty good. It is a Ground Hogs Day Horror film.

Positives:
-Jessica Routhe, as the bitchy Tree, is fabulous here. She changes from scene to waking up again scene. As an actor it must be confusing as hell...like "Where The Hell Are We now? 3rd wake up or 4th wake up?". She pulls off this diufficult part. She is bitchy, she is funny with really good soft comedy timing. She makes this movie work...I mean it is a weird premise and she makes us go with it.
-The screenplay by Lobdell is scary and also has small comic moments that help. Also I like that she gets weaker each time which adds peril to the plot. Throw in some twists and it works!! However....

Negatives:
-I still do not understand why this is happening!!! Maybe to right the wrongs in her life....in her personality. Maybe there could be an explanation in the script somewhere!!!
-The hospital.Where is everybody???!! Did they run out of money for extras???!!!

It is Friday The 13th. Halloween is coming!! This is a funny harmless, not overly gory horror film.
It delivers what you want 3 1/2 out of 5 stars for Happy Death Day!!

From the shadows as always thanks for your time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...