Sunday, October 29, 2017

New Film Review: Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Halloween.

Image result for boo 2 a madea halloween


Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Halloween.
Directed by Tyler Perry
Screenplay by Tyler Perry
Starring Tyler Perry; Cassi Davis; Patrice Lovely; and Diamond White




In part two of the last Madea Halloween film, Madea, Bam; and Hattie drive to a haunted campground to get Tiffany and bring her home.
If you follow my blogs you already know I am a sucker for a good Tyler Perry movie. I still think Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married, which was released 10 years ago this month, was embarrassingly overlooked by snotty critics that year. Jill Scott gave the best performance by a supporting actress that year, but was overlooked at Oscar time.
Now is Boo 2 good? No not really. It is just okay.

Let me get to the good:
-I think it is harmless. Meaning with movies like Jigsaw out and IT which has questionable scenes for certain age groups...this is just a fun and silly Halloween film. Yes, there are sexual innuendos  in this film that can make you cringe (Joe!), but it is light. Also there are messages here about the consequences about not telling the truth and respecting your parents.
- In these movies I do not think that Tyler Perry, who is playing three characters Joe; Madea; and Brian, gets enough credit. It must be a hard balance between which one of his characters he is...or voice I guess. He constantly pulls it off. Then he is directing...himself. It has to be complicated.
-Cassi Davis who plays Aunt Bam is only 52. I think people do not realize this. She is constantly good in these films and has wonderful comic timing. Also, Patrice Lovely, as the very active Hattie is only 49!! Yes I know!! They are both so funny, and must melt under all that makeup and padding.

Now for the bad:
- It is slightly lazy writing here, a slight cash grab. The plot is close to the same as the first one. I laughed but, not that much....however I have to note that many people in my screening were laughing loud..so maybe I was not picking up some of the jokes. It is pretty much more of the same of the last film.
-After complimenting Davie; Perry; and Lovely, I have to say the young actors and actresses are pretty bad, bordering on awful. Their comic delivery and timing is just off. They are not really good actors...any of them.

Well...maybe I spent too much time on this film...I give it 2 stars out of 5 . If you are looking for a fun and a little bit scary film Boo 2 will work for you, but he has done better.
From the shadows as always thanks for your time.











No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...