Sunday, December 3, 2017

Number 19 Of My 20

Image result for national lampoon's christmas


My number 19 is pretty much a classic Christmas film now"
NATIONAL LAMPOONS CHRISTMAS VACATION.
I debated with my son....should this be included...I was voting against; he talked me into it.
Well why?
Why is this worthy of of being in my 20?
1-The script....which clearly touches on the expectations of the holiday season compared to the reality of the holiday season (Yes in a extreme and hilarious way, but we have all been there trying to find the bulb that is out).

2-The characters:
Clark (Chevy Chase) is back from the now dated Vacation film with his crazy eyes.
Ellen (D'Angelo) is back trying to level off Clark.
Cousin Eddie (Quaid) is back, this time with a thing called an RV.
Then throw in a villain next door Margo Chester (Dreyfus) and lets not forget Lewis and Bethany (Who makes a great Jello mold with cat food).

3-The lines!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Eddie if I woke up woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I would not be more surprised then I am now.
Shitter was full.
You know that metal plate in my head I had to have it replaced, every time Catherine revved up the microwave I pissed my pants and forgot who I was for a half an hour or so.
Merry Christmas...kiss my ass..kiss his ass...kiss your ass...Happy Hanukkah.
Clark that's the gift that keeps on giving.
It's a bit nipply out.

4-The visual gags!!
Cousin Eddie at the pool
Ellen after the police say FREEZE
The cat under the tree.

Yes it gets out there to an extreme at the end... but it is hilarious, and relatable. You still laugh after watching it many times.
I leave you with the original trailer!!!!!!!
Number 19 of my 20......National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!!!




As always thanks for your time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...