Monday, December 25, 2017

New Film Review: Pitch Perfect 3

Image result for pitch perfect 3

PITCH PERFECT 3
Directed by Trish Sie
Screenplay by Kay Cannon and Mike White
Starring Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson



It is a strange film. It almost seemed dated. Like the old musicals from the 30's and 40's.
"Hey! Lets put on a show with the USO tour!!
"Okay, I am sure we can. I know an obscure person"
Then in the 30's in 40's you just go with it.
You do not question...just let it go.
This is a last film of a trilogy.
It is rather silly and stupid.
It has good music...yet with bad lip singing.
It has a couple funny moments highlighted of course by Rebel Wilson.
Only Rebel Wilson, not Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins who are not as funny as what they think they are.
It tries to throw in a kidnaping storyline with John Lithgow (Does Lithgow ever say no).
Still no matter the goofy premise and the faux competition, for of all people DJ Khaled, (Yes. I rolled my eyes also), people cheered at the end of the film. People just love these characters.
So I am saying people got what they came for. A couple laughs; characters they like; and music. No matter the goofy storyline.
2 1/2 out of 5 for Pitch Perfect 3. Better than 2, but not close to how good 1 was.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...