Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Number 20...The First Of My Top 20

The first of 20 is 1 of 2 films that are recent meaning 2 years a go. Nothing in here from 2016...but 2015 gives me space from a fim...2 years to know how  good the film is.
If you follow my blog you know I am okay with corny if done right....

Image result for brooklyn movie

BROOKLYN
Directed by John Crowley
Screenplay by Nick Hornby
Based on the book by Colm Toibin
Starring Saoirse Ronan; Domhnall Gleeson; Emory Cohen; Jim Broadbent; and Julie Walters



An Irish immigrant (Ronan) lands in 1950s Brooklyn, where she quickly falls into a new romance. When her past catches up with her, however, she must choose between two countries and the lives that exist within.

Ronan who right now is great in Lady Bird was just as great here in Brooklyn as Eilis a confident and brave, yet scared Irish girl establishing a new life in Brooklyn. Ronan says so much by just a look.....just wonderful.
I love a good dinner table scene and in this film there are many, highlighted by a great performance by Julie Walters who is hilarious as the house mother for all the girls. Remember the dangers of giddiness!!!
Note that this will be the first of two screenplays by Nick Hornby which will be in my top 20!!
Now the real stars in this film are Yves Belanger the cinematographer and Odile Dicks-Mireaux as the costume designer. This film looks beautiful, every seen is perfectly shot. The look almost steals the film away from the great acting and screenplay.
Acting....screenplay...look...altogether a wonderful film. A must see romantic, beautiful film.

My number 20 film out of 20 is Brooklyn.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time. Number 19 will be coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...