Wednesday, November 29, 2017

By Request....It is coming!!

Image result for popcorn


The most common question I get is ....What is your favorite film????!!!

Well sporadically in December I am posting my top 20 films, no pattern but I will post them.
I know!!!
Settle down!!
Now as you know, I am the anti-snotty movie reviewer. My top 20 will not be on the list for it being artsy. It goes back to being entertained....or I learned something that interested me.
It also has to be a film that, when channel surfing, you stop and have trouble turning it off.

So a lot of films on my 20 may be on yours, but they will probably not be on certain critics list who recommend films to either be sheep with other critics or want to show you how smart they are and how dumb you are.

Here are some films I thought about but will not make it:

FINDING NEMO (BEST PIXAR FILM)

TOY STORY (WATCH IT NOW, THE FILM LOOKS OLD AND MESSY AND I HATE SID)

TANGLED (SOOOOOO UNDER RATED)

SILVERLININGS PLAYBOOK

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

THE BREAKFAST CLUB (SO CLOSE BUT LOVE TO SEE A MODERN VERSION ...KINDA DATED)

PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES (SADLY CELL PHONES MAKE THIS DATED, A SMALL BIT)

SOME LIKE IT HOT

EX MACHINA (BRILLIANT...MAY BE 21 OR 22)

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

GONE WITH THE WIND (TO LOOOOOOOOOOOONG, AND ALMOST COMICAL IN ALL THE SADNESS)

THE APARTMENT (UNDERRATED)

ZOOLANDER (MAY HAVE BEEN MY 21)

FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF (OVERRATED AND DATED)

HARRY POTTER FILMS (LOVE THEM BUT SOOOO MANY HOLES)

CINDERELLA MAN (UNDERRATED)

All really good films but left off because they were maybe too dated, or as whole I felt other films were better.
Some films in my 20, were not chosen as my top film of the year it came out, but grew on me as time went on.
Now I do cheat, I pick two series here in my 20...heck I make my own rules!!!!! I just felt as a whole the series needs to be seen together to be loved.
So settle down, my 20 is coming soon......your job is to re-watch or watch for the first time and agree with me!!! Okay you can disagree.


Happy holiday season to all who follow me ...last I checked as far away from the states to Australia.

Enjoy the 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...