Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New DVD/BLURAY/STREAMING RELEASE: Big Eyes

Image result for big eyes

Only one film released this week worth noting:

Big Eyes
Directed by Tim Burton
Screenplay by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski
Starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz



A drama about painter Margaret Keane (Adams), covering  her  success in the 1950s with her Big Eyes paintings, and the legal battle she had with her husband Walter Keane (Waltz), who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s.

I noted "Drama", because during the Golden Globes for some strange reason it was classified as a comedy. It is a drama and a pretty good one. Well acted, by the always superb Adams and Waltz. When you are finish watching you will say "Well that was interesting". I cannot say it is a great film but you learn something and it is well done. Like me, you may even find yourself Googling Keane to find out more about her life. She is an interesting woman.
I found myself thinking Walter Keane very odd, almost funny at some points. At the same time Margaret is odd, but just not as odd. It is a film about watching two odd people, living an odd life.
As you can see I have trouble defining the film but that does not make it bad. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars for a well acted film worth a look see at home.


As always thanks for your time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...