Sunday, April 5, 2015

Film Review: It Follows

Image result for It follows

It Follows
Direction and Screenplay by David Robert Mitchell
Starring: Maika Monroe



A high school students life gets turned upside down after a sexual encounter. Jay (Monroe) finds herself plagued by strange visions and the inescapable sense that something is following her, or chasing her that only she can see. She gets help from friends as they try to figure out how to stop the visions before they catch her.
I have to come clean here before I give my review. You will rarely see a review on this site for horror films. It is just not my thing. I do not enjoy watching most of them. I enjoy the thriller/scarey films like: Silence Of The Lambs, or Aliens, where most of the scare is rarely revealed. Not a fan of slasher/chainsaw/witches/killer ghost hoping from here to there in a house. It is just not my thing. I am sure there are plenty of places on the web you can get reviews of horror films. Not here.
So now I get to It Follows. Critics are going nuts over it. So I was pulled in.
What the heck was this?! I cannot explain to you how boring this film was!
I did not think the, whatever they were, chasing Jay were scary.
The ending was blah.
I was stunned that critics loved it.
I was watching trying to figure out what they loved. The grainy look, like Halloween films? The actress Monroe?
I started this blog as sorta the antisnobbby critic. This film is one of the reasons. I sometimes wonder if critics are sheep. In which, maybe the top 3 critics love a film and the rest of the "lower rung" critics follow them and say they like a film, so they do not feel less or not as bright or not as astute as those more popular critics. Well no matter what the sheep say, do not drop your money down on this. If you feel you want to watch it, wait for home viewing. You will thank me.

I have given too much time to this film already: 1 out of 5 stars for It Follows. Trust me it is not because I am not a horror fan, there is no horror, just boring.
The worst film I have seen this year.




Thanks as always for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...