Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Recomended: All Is Lost

Image result for all is lost

Each Monday I recommend a movie that may have passed you by, this week All Is Lost.

Director J.C. Chandor
Screenplay J.C. Chandor
Starring Robert Redford



After a collision with a shipping container at sea, a resourceful sailor finds himself fighting for his life on his boat.

I think this film was passed over along the way. I think people thought Tom Hanks in Castaway, or Suraj Sharma in Life Of Pi, and they think they have seen this plot before. I find this film much different. Hanks talked often to the volleyball  so we can hear what he thinks. Sharma talked to the tiger (or was it?). However here, it is an interesting film where it plays out like as a silent film where Redford rarely says a word and you have to try to figure out each plan he is trying.
It is an exciting film, as we watch him fight off leaks...sun ....and sharks.
If I had to find a fault, I wish they would have started with a backstory, so we know more about where he comes from and why he is fighting for life.
4 out of 5 stars for All Is Lost. It is exciting and available for streaming and rental from Netflix.


As always from the shadows thanks for your time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...