Thursday, July 30, 2015

New Review: Vacation

Image result for vacation movie


VACATION
Directed and Screenplay by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M Goldstein
Starring: Ed Helms; Christina Applegate; Skyler Gisondo; and Steele Stebbins



Rusty Griswold takes his own family on a road trip to "Walley World" in order to spice things up with his wife and reconnect with his sons.

You go in telling yourself over and over again to be fair and do not compare it to the original. However it is hard because it refers to the original often.
I can tell you this, this Vacation is an R, and it earns it. This is not your old school Vacation, there are many crude jokes and crude visual jokes. Many of those jokes fall very flat.
On the other hand, it has many jokes that work, including a very funny visit to Chris Hensworth's farm. Who would have thought Thor could be so funny??!!  And we already know that Applegate and Helms have fantastic comic timing.
You go and see this film to laugh and I can tell you that this film was much funnier than I thought it would be and I laughed out loud often. So in that respect I have to give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5 for Vacation, a little bit of an enjoyable surprise.


As always from the shadows thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...