Monday, December 30, 2019

New Film Review: Uncut Gems

Image result for uncut gems


UNCUT GEMS


This films follows jewelry dealer/ degenerate gambler Howard Ratner (Adam Sandler) during a week long stretch.


This is an unpleasant, frustrating movie to watch. Howard is unlikable. The people he hangs out with are unlikable. His wife Dinah (A waste of a talented Idina Menzel), is miserable, rightfully so. The bookies who are after him are unlikable. The film is ..unlikable. It is almost agitating ...well it is agitating watching Howard make more and more bad decisions.


Positives?
Yes!


Of course as you heard Adam Sandler is great as Howard, an Oscar worthy performance.
A newcomer Julia Fox , playing Harold's girlfriend and employee is absolutely fantastic and the only likable person in the film. it bothers me that they did not finish her storyline.


I really do not have much more to say. I know people really like this film...me..I was agitated by the characters maybe not my type of film I guess.
Right down the middle for the performances 2 1/2 out 5 stars for Uncut gems.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...